facebook

Monday, June 3, 2013

Foodie Adventure: New York City

I spent six glorious days in New York City, working and of course eating!! Here are just a few of the places I visited.

Crumbs Bake Shop  This place makes 50 different kinds of cupcakes!





 
So many choices! I am almost ashamed to admit it, I bought a simple vanilla cupcake with vanilla icing (that's what I was craving lol).  Next time I'll be a little more adventurous.
 


There should be a law against calorie info on a cupcake lol.

Melt Shop Grilled Cheese - I walked almost a mile to get to this place, that's how much I love a good grilled cheese sandwich!! 
 



 
I ordered The Dirty, it had pepper jack and muenster cheese with caramelized onions, pickled jalapeƱos, sliced tomato and potato chips. It was so good!  I love anything with caramelized onions.





Tater tots with truffle mayo. The truffle mayo (not pictured) was so amazingly good! I could eat this sauce on everything.

 
  44 & X Hell's Kitchen  I went here for lunch.


 
Crabcake and squash appetizer.  I don't remember what the other ingredients were but this was good.



 
 
Vermont cheddar macaroni and cheese. This is the biggest bowl of mac n cheese I have ever been served. I barely finished half of it.
 
 
Red Rooster  - Chef Marcus Samuelsson's restaurant in Harlem.  The food was amazing.  


I ordered Helga's Meatballs, which is Chef Samuelsson's twist on Swedish meatballs, with lingonberries, braised green cabbage and dill stewed potatoes.  It was delicious my mouth is watering just thinking about it. 



I also order a side of cornbread that came with honey butter and tomato jam. The cornbread was sweet, almost like cake; just like I like it.
 
Writing this post makes me want to go back to New York....
 

No comments :

Post a Comment