facebook

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Blogging Reflections and Day 1 in Seattle for Blogher Food

It has been three months since I started this blog! The process has been fun, rewarding and more work than I ever thought it would be. However, I have enjoyed this experience tremendously!  I am beginning to find my voice as a blogger and getting the hang of tweeting and using Facebook and Instagram to keep everyone up-to-date on my latest food adventure and latest blog post. Over the last three months I have posted healthy recipes, and not so healthy (pound cake), eaten off a food truck for the first time and this week I am in Seattle attending my first food blogger conference.

Day 1 in Seattle for Blogher Food 2012

When I initially began this blog, the goal was to focus solely on healthy alternatives to the foods I crave, which in hindsight was a little restrictive because my food adventures (as I like to refer to them) don't always involve food one would call healthy.  I have also had many request for some of my classic southern recipes, which aren't always the healthiest either (I am working on fried chicken and sweet potato pie posts) and I want the freedom to post those recipes also.  So, I have decided to just write about what I eat and crave, the good, the bad and the not so bad; and provide tips and ideas along the way.   

Thanks for reading!

1 comment :

  1. It was nice meeting you at the conference! I wish I had taken more pictures while I was there. It really was a great time. I look forward to checking in with your blog- see you around the web! ;)

    ReplyDelete