Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of margarine or butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature by removing from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to making cake or soften for 15-20 seconds in microwave.
- Using a mixer cream margarine, cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- While mixing continually add eggs one at a time and then add vanilla, lemon and almond extract. Gradually add flour until texture is smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured tube or bundt baking cake pan.
- Bake at 300°F for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from cake pan and allow to cool on cooling rack or plate before serving.