facebook

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thai Basil Chicken

I am a procrastinator; I put things off and wait to the last possible minute to complete a task.  Subconsciously, I think I like the waiting to the last minute because I tend work better and more efficiently under pressure. It's been over a month since my last post. I have been busy with work, traveling and just life in general.  For the last several weeks writing a blog post has been on my to-do list and over a month later why I am I just now writing a post?? It’s because I have been saying daily to myself I will do it tomorrow and tomorrow has turned into a month later.  One of my friends once told me the key to getting over procrastination is to say out loud to yourself "do it now".  The reality is that the task that you have been putting off will have to get completed eventually, so you might as well do it now.  It's funny once I say “do it now” it motives me to complete the task.  It forces me to face my procrastination and the fact that I am choosing to blow something off that can very well be done today. So I am writing this post today because instead of saying I will do it tomorrow, I said do it now.
 
Try it and see if it works for you? 
 
***********************************************
 
Here's a recipe for an easy Thai dish that freezes well and all of the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store, with the exception of the thai basil. I have only been able to find thai basil at an international grocery stores, if you don't have any you can substitute fresh american basil.



Thai Basil Chicken                                                 Print Recipe
Servings: 5-6

Ingredients 
  • 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thin into bite sized pieces
  • 1 (7.5 oz) jar or 9 tablespoons of oyster sauce
  • 3 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 3/4 cup fresh thai basil leaves, packed
  • 3 green bell peppers, sliced 
  • 4 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon sugar or to your taste
Directions
  1. Heat the oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat, and cook the garlic until golden brown. Add in chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
  2. Add in sliced bell pepper, oyster sauce and fish sauce. Stir and simmer until green peppers are tender. Add sugar and stir.
  3. Remove from heat, and mix in basil.  
  4. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
  5. Serve over rice or pasta.



No comments :

Post a Comment