facebook

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Low Calorie Bite Sized Sweet Potato Pies


These bite sized sweet potato pies satisfy my craving for sweet potato pie in a healthy way.  At 78 calories each I don't feel guilty when indulging my sweet tooth and neither will you.


Roll out pie crust and use a 1.5 inch biscuit cutter to cut 24 pieces of dough. Press dough into mini muffin cups.

Spoon filling into mini muffin cups.



Bake for 20 minutes at 375.

 

Mini Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
 
Serving: 24
Nutrition info per serving:
Calories: 78   Fat:3.6g    Carbs: 11.2    Fiber :0.4g   Protein:  0.8g


Ingredients
2 cups of cooked mashed sweet potatoes (about 1.5 pounds of raw sweet potatoes)
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 egg whites
1/4 cup 2% milk
1 (9inch) Ready made pie crust

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 375.

Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray

Roll out pie crust and use a 1.5 inch biscuit cutter to cut 24 pieces of dough. Press dough into mini muffin cups.

Add potatoes to a mixing bowl, for best results potatoes should be warm, or room temperature, Stir in sugar, milk, eggs whites, nutmeg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Spoon filling into mini muffin cups.

Bake for 20 minutes or or until tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.

4 comments :

  1. Oh my you are a genius! I'm dying to make this! (P.S. Found you in our Volunteer group!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xenia. After you make them please let me know how they turn out.

      Delete
  2. Perfect find for the holidays so I can manage intake. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. The one problem I find with sweet potato pies is they are normally too sweet! I love the amount of sugar you are using. Your pies look so light. I hope these freeze well; love freezing something for later. Good look on your better health and wellness.

    ReplyDelete